A snapshot round-up of China’s technology, startup and venture capital funding news from December 2021, gathering reports, downloads and commentary from online news sources. Items touch on every field in China’s tech startup ecosystems – digital currency, CBDCs, the metaverse, artificial intelligence and many more.
And to get tech news updates from across Asia-Pacific via social media, mobile app, Instagram and more, check Startup News Asia’s channels.
- China’s DayDayCook direct-to-consumer brand launches The Good Food Accelerator Program in Hong Kong, seeking commercially-viable products and food solutions
- China’s SenseTime IPO plan uncertain as US blacklists company over AI-driven ‘facial recognition programs that can determine a target’s ethnicity’
- China: Nebula Brands e-commerce aggregator secures more than $50M with model of aggregating Fulfillment by Amazon vendors
- China: Baidu jumps on metaverse bandwagon with ‘Land of Hope’ app for the technology giant’s upcoming artificial intelligence conference, aiming for 10K simultaneous users
- Hydrogen energy: “China will account for more than 60% of global electrolyzer installations globally in 2022, with the market increasing fivefold over this year…”
- China: WeRide autonomous driving firm to make robotaxis available for public bookings via Ontime ride-hail app in 2022, with testing now underway
- China: Huawei unveils Smart Car Solution Innovation Center spanning 2000 square meters and 9 labs, focusing on enterprise auto customers and partners in joint activities
- China: Apple supplier Luxshare Precision to build ‘mega-plant’ to boost iPhone assembly capabilities, challenging rivals Foxconn, Pegatron
- China: A video look at Baidu’s metaverse platform, Xi Rang
- Download: ‘Rekindling Hong Kong’s Economic Growth Through Innovation’ report now available from Deloitte and Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund
- Binance reportedly in talks with Indonesia’s wealthiest family and state-owned telco around establishing a cryptocurrency trading exchange
Startup News Asia’s other editions go out on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and by mobile app, e-newsletter and in Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.