Startup news: Vietnam
The Vietnam startup news round-up for April 2021 gathers items across subjects including mobile gaming, electric bus services, the government’s Mobile Money trial, app-based healthcare bookings and many more.
Items listed are April 2021’s startup news headlines for Vietnam, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily news feeds; each headline listed links to the online article behind it, providing our readers with:
- an instant overview of Vietnam’s startup news for the month; and
- instant access to the Vietnam articles, in full, that most interest you.
And you can also get Vietnam’s tech startup news daily
via our social media channels – links at the foot of this page.
More of Vietnam’s startup news:
- Vietnam: Fundiin buy-now-pay-later startup gains backing led by 1982 Ventures and Zone Startups Ventures, helping merchants offer customers monthly instalments
- Vietnam: Gimo fintech gains seed funding from ThinkZone Ventures, BK Fund and angel investors with focus on underbanked workers, providing early access to earned wages
- Vietnam: Mobile Money likely to launch in Q2 2021, providing telco customers with cashless method to pay for small-value goods and services
- Vietnam: “Mobile Money on a trial basis will create a precedent for applying the sandbox mechanism to other services and new professions to appear in digital society.”
- Vietnam: Hatch Ventures startup ecosystem builder acquired by Singapore’s Draper Startup House
- Vietnam’s Docosan healthcare booking app lands $1M seed funding led by Taiwan’s AppWorks, helping patients avoid long waiting times for consultations
- Vietnam: Dat Bike electric motorbike startup raises $2.6M with 3 times the performance and twice the range of most competitors, at the same price point
- Vietnam: Touchstone Partners early-stage VC hist first close on $50M fund, looking at Vietnamese startups in the fintech, real estate, healthcare and edtech sectors
- Vietnam: Funtap mobile gaming company invests in 9PAY digital payments platform, allowing game-related purchases using 9PAY’s digital wallet
- Vietnam: Coin98 Finance gains $4M investment from US’ crypto trading firm Alameda Research, working on decentralized finance protocols and applications
- Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh City to commence 2-year trial of 77 electric buses on 5 routes, accompanied by 9 new stations
- Vietnam: Docosan raises $1M seed funding, led by Taiwan’s AppWorks, with platform and app connecting doctors and patients nationwide
- 2021 Hack4Growth Australia launched by Startup Vietnam Frontier Australia and Vietnam Australia Innovation Network
- Vietnam enters partnership with South Korea’s Naver, country’s largest internet company, in national strategy move aiming for global player status in artificial intelligence
ASIA’S TECH NEWS, Daily
Startup News Asia app: All-day updates on tech, funding and startup news across Asia and Oceania.
Asia’s TECH NEWS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can get Startup News Asia’s ongoing updates on social media:
You can alternatively get an overview of Asian technology news in a quarterly round-up for 17 locations across the region.