Startup news: Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka’s tech and startup news round-up for April 2021 gathers items on subjects including SLASSCOM’s Global Referral Programme, new state-run funds, the 2021 Spiralation tech startup programme, blockchain platform funding and more.
Each item featured below is a Sri Lankan tech or startup news headline, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds at month-end April 2021; and each headline hyperlinks to the article behind it, online, freely available to all to read, and in full. This gives readers:
- an easy overview of Sri Lanka’s startup news from a single month, April 2021 (obviously); and
- instant access to the Sri Lankan startup news articles that you’re likely to find most informative.
Also: You can get daily updates which include startup news from Sri Lanka from our social media channels – links at the foot of this page.
More of Sri Lanka’s tech news:
- Sri Lanka: An overview of the winners of the recent SLASSCOM National Ingenuity Awards 2021, showcasing the country’s emerging innovators and entrepreneurs
- Sri Lanka: DirectPay fintech solution takes Best Disruptor 2021 award at National Ingenuity Awards 2021 with home-grown digital payments services and ecosystem
- Sri Lanka Internet Day 2021 takes place April 6-7, a virtual event themed around virtual event themed digital inclusion with sessions on agritech, fintech, IoT and more
- Sri Lanka’s SLASSCOM launches Global Referral Programme to initiate business relationships between companies and Australian-Sri Lankan professionals
- Sri Lanka and Germany ink MOU aiming to formalise bridge between Berlin Senate’s AsiaBerlin startup initiative and Sri Lanka’s startup ecosystem
- Sri Lanka: Lanka Angel Network Angel Fund invests over $100K in Niftron, blockchain-as-a-service platform focused on easy implementation of blockchain technology
- Sri Lanka to establish state-run Youth Startup Fund and Guarantee Fund to provide young entrepreneurs with access to interest-free loans
- Sri Lanka: Spiralation tech startup program opens 2021 applications, with applications closing May 10th
- ICYMI: The EU-Sri Lanka Innovation Partnership initiative, connecting startup and technology ecosystems, incubators and accelerators
ASIA’S TECH NEWS, Daily
Startup News Asia app: All-day updates on tech, funding and startup news across Asia and Oceania.
Asia’s TECH NEWS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can get Startup News Asia’s ongoing updates on social media:
You can alternatively get an overview of Asian technology news in a quarterly round-up for 17 locations across the region.