Startup news: Singapore
Singapore’s startup news summary from April 2021 collects items on subjects including NFT marketplace platforms, the 2021 Singapore Fintech Report, the launch of new venture capital funds, protein alternatives and many more.
Each item featured below is a Singapore startup news headline, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds at month-end April 2021; and each headline item links to the article behind that headline, online, freely available to all to read, and in full. This gives our readers:
- an at-a-glance overview of Singapore’s startup news from a single month, April 2021 (obviously); and
- instant access to the Singapore startup news articles that you’re likely to find most informative.
Also: You can get daily updates which include startup news from Singapore from our social media channels – links at the foot of this page.
More from Singapore:
- Hong Kong: RioDeFi decentralised finance startup launches incubator hub to bring greater blockchain interoperability to Asia, following 3 successful pilot projects
- Download: Singapore Fintech Report 2021, from Fintech News Network (pdf)
- Singapore-based ImToken blockchain startup and crypto wallet developer raises $30M to build out decentralized finance services and expand blockchain research
- Singapore: Circus Social raises $1M pre-A with social media analytics, delivering business insights in real time with AI- and ML-driven big data analysis
- Singapore: Friz fintech raises 6-figure seed round from Y Combinator, 500 Durians and others with financial management platform for freelancers, run by ex-Mastercard exec
- Singapore: Enjin raises $18.9M in private token sale to build Polkadot blockchain for NFTs, moving away from Ethereum
- Singapore Deep-Tech Alliance launchs SDTA22 venture builder in partnership with XNode, Enterprise Singapore Global Innovation Alliance partner in China
- Singapore: Glints online recruitment platform gains $22.5M backing led by Japan’s Persol, one of the country’s largest temporary staffing companies
- Singapore: SYNC lands Best Startup PR Agency award at 2021 Singapore Business Awards by APAC Insider
- Singapore: Mintable non-fungible token marketplace platform gains seed funding, with over 150K NFTs created and listed for sale in the last month alone
- Singapore: SEED Ventures VC launches venture debt fund, with sights on providing interest-free loans of $15K-$37.5K to 30 seed-stage ASEAN startups by end of 2021
- Singapore’s MVLLabs gains $15M to develop 3-wheeler electric vehicle, the ONiON T1, for Cambodia
- Accelerating Asia unveils accelerator cohort of 11 early-stage startups from from Singapore, Indonesia, Pakistan and Bangladesh working in healthtech, AI-driven HR, dating and more
- Singapore: Regtank shortlisted as a finalist for FinTech Intel’s Asia FinTech Awards 2021 with one-stop solutions simplifying compliance around KYC and transactions
- Singapore: “We need to consider cybersecurity as a common good which is managed in the interest of the public and is beneficial to all of us…”
- Singapore: Tribe government-backed blockchain network gains backing to boost Academy and Accelerator, with participating startups separately raising over $70M
- A look at the 15 startups selected for Big Idea Ventures’ 3rd accelerator cohort, working on the future of food, protein alternatives and beyond
- Singapore: STACS raises US$3.6M pre-Series A using distributed ledger tech to aid financial institutions meet environmental, social, and governance requirements
- Singapore: Play Ventures game investment fund to establish blockchain game fund, acquiring a stake in Golden Gate Ventures spin-off, LuneX Ventures
- Australia’s Finder acquires Singapore’s GoBear brand and 7-country presence, aiming to grow Finder presence as a key financial comparison platform in SE Asia
- Webinar: Australia’s Consumer Data Right and Market Opportunities for Singapore FinTech, set for May 6th
- India’s Pine Labs merchant payments firm acquires Singapore’s Fave loyalty cashback startup for $45M, gaining QR-based offline payments with sights on SEA expansion
- A look at the recent launch of Nongsa Digital Park and Nongsa D-Town, aiming to be a regional tech hub and bridge between Indonesia and Singapore
- Singapore’s Habitap smart home management system launches Indonesia presence, introducing AI-driven system at luxury residential development
- Vietnam: Hatch Ventures startup ecosystem builder acquired by Singapore’s Draper Startup House
- Cambodia: Malaysia’s Thada and Singapore’s Oyika partner to supply Kingdom with battery-swappable electric scooters, focusing on rural communities
ASIA’S TECH NEWS, Daily
Startup News Asia app: All-day updates on tech, funding and startup news across Asia and Oceania.
Asia’s TECH NEWS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can get Startup News Asia’s ongoing updates on social media:
You can alternatively get an overview of Asian technology news in a quarterly round-up for 17 locations across the region.