Tech news: Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s tech headlines in April 2021 covered items including HK’s digital voucher scheme, cryptocurrency investment, the StartMeUpHK tech Festival and more.
Articles here are Hong Kong’s tech hews headlines for the month, each gathered from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds; each headline featured is linked to the full, free-to-read online article behind that headline. This gives our readers:
- a quick-reference overview of Hong Kong’s tech news from April 2021 (obviously); and
- one-click access to the full news articles that are of most interest.
You can also get Hong Kong tech news daily via the
social media links at the foot of this page.
More from Hong Kong:
- Hong Kong: Dash Living co-living space operator raises $8.8M with sights set on expansion to Tokyo, Sydney and other major Asia-Pacific cities
- XELS blockchain-based carbon offset platform gains Bittrex listing for XELS token, providing tokenised voluntary carbon offset credits for individuals and companies
- Hong Kong: TOKEN2049 crypto conference set for November 23-24, looking at global developments in cryptocurrency, blockchain and more
- Hong Kong: Kikitrade cryptocurrency investment platform gains $8M pre-A with sights on NFT and DeFi services
- Hong Kong: StartmeupHK Festival launches 5 virtual StartmeupHK Salons, focused on attracting overseas startups to base in and operate out of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong: 4 e-payment providers chosen to operate city’s HK$36BN digital voucher scheme in bid to boost economic growth
- Hong Kong: SHAPERZ event set for May 24-25, a tech-focused event running virtually around the theme of ‘Shaping the Future of Work for SMEs’
- China: “The court ruled that searching for public information or access to public data is no longer allowed in Hong Kong”
- Hong Kong: StartmeupHK Festival set for May 24-28, running virtually with 14 headline events looking at artificial intelligence, prop-tech, fintech, IoT and more
- Hong Kong: The StartMeUpHK Festival is set for May 24-28 – here’s the agenda
- Hong Kong: Start-up Express 2021 opens call for applications, seeking tech startups in 8 categories including AI, fintech, retail-tech and more
ASIA’S TECH NEWS, Daily
Startup News Asia app: All-day updates on tech, funding and startup news across Asia and Oceania.
Asia’s TECH NEWS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can get Startup News Asia’s ongoing updates on social media:
You can alternatively get an overview of Asian technology news in a quarterly round-up for 17 locations across the region.