Startup news: Australia
Australia’s tech news in April 2021 covered items including the Canberra Cyber Hub, Melbourne Accelerator Program, Living Room of Satoshi’s Wages service, blockchain-based energy trading, and many more.
Items listed are Australia’s startup headlines for the month, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds; each item links to the free-to-read online article behind that headline. This gives our readers:
- an at-a-glance overview of Australia’s startup news from April 2021 (obviously); and
- instant access to full details on the startup news items that interest you the most.
You can also get Australia’s tech startup news daily via
the social media links at the foot of this page.
More from Australia:
- Download: Asian Economic Integration Report 2021, Making Digital Platforms Work for Asia and the Pacific – February report from the Asian Development Bank (pdf)
- Australia: Tech Ready Women Female Founder Program applications close April 5th, an 8-week program to test and launch an idea to the market
- Australia: Future Founders Program 2021, a year-long entrepreneurship program, opens registrations of interest for international students and aspiring entrepreneurs
- Australia: Deliciou plant-based meat startup backed by US VC firm Stray Dog Capital with preservative-free shelf-stable product range
- Australia’s Finder acquires Singapore’s GoBear brand and 7-country presence, aiming to grow Finder presence as a key financial comparison platform in SE Asia
- Australia: Impact businesses made up around 1/5 of all funded startups in Australia over the past 5 years, report finds
- Australia: Inaugural Southeast Asia eCommerce Accelerator Program unveils 15 firms selected
- Australia: ACT Government commits $700K to establishing Canberra Cyber Hub, aiming to position Canberra as the country’s cyber capital
- Australia: Victoria state gov’t opens $5M Technology Adoption and Innovation program, allowing SMBs to apply for grants up to $50K to boost tech capabilities
- Australia: A look at the recently-completed YBF Startup Immersion Program pilot, aimed at upskilling experienced corporate professionals with entrepreneurial roles
- Australia: An interview intro to Power Ledger, peer-to-peer energy trading platform based on blockchain technology
- Australia: SydWest Global Connections Tech Start-up accelerator program launches aiming to boost participants’ growth opportunities into US and Asia Pacific
- Australia: MAP Accelerator Program applications are currently open to both for-profit and impact startups, with 10 spots available
- Australia: Applications for The Tech Sprint Launchpad with Generation Australia close April 22nd, aiming to give 6 founders a cost-free one-week development sprint
- Australia: An intro to the 18 Australian and New Zealand startups that presented at the recent Startmate Demo Day
- Australia: Living Room of Satoshi launches Wages service, allowing users to pay bills with cryptocurrencies
- Australia: The recently-held Army Quantum Technology Challenge 2021 and a few of the tech firms that took part
- Australia: NSW gov’t to fast-track $5BN of data centre and e-commerce warehouse projects in planning approvals shake-up
- Applications for ClimateLaunchpad Australia close April 30th, seeking cleantech and green business ideas
- Australia launches International Cyber and Critical Technology Engagement Strategy, alongside announcing 3 joint cyber projects with India
- Tennis Australia inks 2 -year agreement with SwingVision around video analysis using a smartphone app to track ball and player movement
- Australia: Gov’t launches International Cyber and Critical Technology Engagement Strategy
- APAC and Australia Startup Alliance Program launched by Medical Tech Assoc’n of Australia and Asia Pacific Medical Tech Assoc’n – intro webinar set for May 14th
- Webinar: Australia’s Consumer Data Right and Market Opportunities for Singapore FinTech, set for May 6th
- Australia: Electric trucks to trial swappable batteries for heavy vehicles between Sydney and Brisbane, with batteries providing range of 400-600km between charges
- Sri Lanka’s SLASSCOM launches Global Referral Programme to initiate business relationships between companies and Australian-Sri Lankan professionals
- 2021 Hack4Growth Australia launched by Startup Vietnam Frontier Australia and Vietnam Australia Innovation Network
Startup News Asia app: All-day updates on tech, funding and startup news across Asia and Oceania.
Asia’s TECH NEWS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can get Startup News Asia’s ongoing updates on social media:
You can alternatively get an overview of Asian technology news in a quarterly round-up for 17 locations across the region.