A brief overview of The Philippines’ startup news in June 2020, pulled from Startup News Asia’s news feeds
The June 2020 overview of The Philippines’ startup news provides a look at Filipino tech news. Headlines are collected to provide a broad overview of developments in The Philippines’ startup, tech and VC spaces.
Links below lead to Filipino startup news items, with each linked to an article reported online in, or concerning, the Philippines’ tech scene across the month of June 2020. Each link will take you to the online news article for that headline on the news site from which it was originally drawn. Items cover subjects including, for example, Filipino startups in the news, or features of The Philippines’ startup ecosystem – VC funds, Filipino entrepreneur support programs, Philippines tech news and so on.
- Philippines: Startups and the business impact of COVID-19, a report from pWc
- Philippines: The DELIVER-e platform, connecting Luzon farmers to buyers via end-to-end electronic market, produced by Insight Supply Chain Solutions with USAID backing
- The 2020 Philippine Startup Survey, from pWc – available now to download
- Philippines: A brief intro to Medhyve medical supplies procurement platform, providing a digital marketplace bringing together institutional buyers and sellers
- Philippines: Grab launches digital-first pre-paid GrabPay Card backed by Mastercard, targeting contactless payments
- Philippines: A brief overview of sentiment gathered in the recent 2020 Philippine Startup Survey, COVID Edition
- Philippines: DigiCon Omni 2020 Conference set for October 5-9, online and IRL, with speakers including Seth Godin and Eric Ries
- Philippines: A brief intro to KwikInsure, fintech startup aiming to launch an online insurance marketplace for Filipinos
- Philippines: A brief intro to 5 of the country’s emerging fintech startups, working on services for the un-banked, the maritime industry and more
- The Philippines’ Ayannah fintech merges with India’s Electronic Cash and Payments Solutions to focus on digital financial services to SEA’s growing middle class
- Philippines: Tonik raises $21M to launch digital bank, aiming for Q3 launch
- Philippines: Applications for RESQUE Startups vs COVID-19 competition close June 30th, seeking solutions or sustainable pivots
- Philippines: WE Rise program applications close July 16th, aiming to boost women entrepreneurs in scaling their businesses and raising growth capital
Startups: Get featured
To have your startup banner featured in future Australian startup news updates from Startup News Asia (monthly and quarterly) or to have a news item distributed on our daily startup news feeds (on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via Startup News Asia mobile app) talk to us: Partner with Startup News Asia.
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app