A brief snapshot of Myanmar’s startup news from June 2020, drawn from Startup News Asia’s news feeds
The June 2020 snapshot of Myanmar’s startup news provides a very brief look at early-stage startup headlines from the country, as covered online in the English-language press. Items are collected at the country level to provide a snapshot overview of developments in Myanmar’s startup, technology and associated scenes.
Please note: Myanmar’s startup and entrepreneurial scene is still at a nascent stage in its growth, and so monthly listings remain ‘light’ compared with other countries.
Listed below are Myanmar’s startup news items, with each linked to an article reported online in, or concerning, Myanmar’s tech scene across the month of June 2020. Each link will take you to the online news article for that headline, on the original news site.
- Myanmar: A brief overview of the country’s startup ecosystem, from the GSMA Ecosystem Accelerator
- Myanmar: A look at how agtech startups including Green Way and Htwet Toe are helping to solve productivity issues in the country’s agriculture sector
- Myanmar: Frontiir internet service provider gains $26M investment led by Singapore’s Ascent Capital, aiming to expand broadband to 1/4 of 54M population
Startups: Get featured
To have your startup banner featured in future Australian startup news updates from Startup News Asia (monthly and quarterly) or to have a news item distributed on our daily startup news feeds (on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via Startup News Asia mobile app) talk to us: Partner with Startup News Asia.
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app