The June 2020 startup news snapshot for Indonesia, pulled from Startup News Asia’s daily news feeds
The June 2020 snapshot of Indonesia’s startup news provides a brief overview of early-stage tech startup headlines from the country. Headlines below are gathered at the country level to provide the widest possible overview of developments in Indonesia’s startup scene, as covered online in the English-language press.
Links here are Indonesia startup news headlines; each leads to an item reported online in, or concerning, Indonesia across the month of June 2020. Each link will take you to the online news article, on the original source site for that headline. Items cover, for example, Indonesian startups in the news, or features of Indonesia’s startup ecosystem – VC firms, funds, entrepreneur and startup support programs, industry and government news and so on.
- Indonesia: Gojek digital payments and ride-hailing giant invested in by WhatsApp and Paypal, adding to Facebook’s moves into Asia
- Kejora Capital VC firm and SBI Holdings financial services firm announced partnership to launch $30M early-stage Indonesia-focused tech startup fund
- Indonesia: A look at GoPlay, streaming service from Gojek ride-hail and deliveries giant, taking growth cues from e-commerce companies globally
- Indonesia: Gojek Xcelerate program unveils 11 retail-focused startups graduating from batch 3
- Indonesia: Shipper logistics startup gains Series A funding in part from Y Combinator with SME focus and more than 100 courier service partners
- Indonesia: Jendela360 secures $1M with real estate platform connecting clients, landlords and property agents, setting sights on online-to-offline strategy
- Indonesia: Insurtech Strategic Innovation Report 2020 now available to download, summarizing trends and opportunities
- Indonesia: State-owned Bank Bri’s BRI Ventures launches $21M Sembrani Nusantara, tech-focused venture fund
Startups: Get featured
To have your startup banner featured in future Australian startup news updates from Startup News Asia (monthly and quarterly) or to have a news item distributed on our daily startup news feeds (on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via Startup News Asia mobile app) talk to us: Partner with Startup News Asia.
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app