The June 2020 Hong Kong startup news snapshot, from Startup News Asia’s daily news updates
The June 2020 snapshot takes a brief view of Hong Kong’s startup news with a focus, wherever possible, on the early-stage tech space. Headlines are gathered to provide the widest possible overview of developments in Hong Kong’s startup ecosystem, as reported online in the English-language press.
Links below are startup news headlines reported online in, or concerning, Hong Kong across June 2020; each link takes you to the online news article for that headline. Items cover an individual Hong Kong startup in the news or an aspect of Hong Kong’s startup ecosystem – VC firms, funds, startup support programs, industry news and so on.
- Hong Kong marks the Tiananmen Square massacre anniversary for what many fear may be the last time as ‘authorities’ ban commemoration
- Hong Kong: InvestHK unveils daily schedule for StartmeupHK Festival 2020, set for July 6-10 and running virtually
- Download: Fintech Adoption and Innovation in the Hong Kong Banking Industry, from the Hong Kong Institute for Monetary and Financial Research (pdf)
- Hong Kong: MINY blockchain startup launches platform to facilitate cryptocurrency mining, including Cloud Mining Pool allowing users to combine resources
- HackAsia 36-hour online hackathon set for July 6-8, as part of Hong Kong’s StartMeUpHK Festival 2020
- An intro to the finalists from the 3rd edition of Start-up Express entrepreneurship development program delivered by Hong Kong Trade Development Council (pdf)
- Hong Kong: An intro to Zeek, placing itself in the food delivery space by allowing users to order directly from restaurants rather than a self-owned app
Startups: Get featured
To have your startup banner featured in future Australian startup news updates from Startup News Asia (monthly and quarterly) or to have a news item distributed on our daily startup news feeds (on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via Startup News Asia mobile app) talk to us: Partner with Startup News Asia.
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app