June 2020 Cambodia startup news summary, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily news updates
The June 2020 summary covers Cambodia’s startup news with a focus, where possible, on the early-stage funding space. News headlines are gathered at the country level to provide an overview of developments in Cambodia’s startup ecosystem.
Links listed below are online startup news headlines reported in, or concerning, Cambodia across June 2020, with each link taking you to the online news source for that headline. Generally, items will cover an individual Cambodian startup in the news or an aspect of Cambodia’s startup ecosystem in some way – venture capital firms, funds and funding, government and private startup support programs, startup industry body news and similar.
While you read, please also take a moment to visit Startup News Asia’s friends and partners, shown in the banner ads below; these are startups or initiatives worthy of your notice, your support and of startup news headlines of their own.
- Cambodia: Gov’t to launch National Information Technology Business Registration Platform this month, aiming to streamline and centralize SME information
- Cambodia: Kingdom’s first National Entrepreneurship Awards deadline for applications set for end of June
- Cambodia: UN Conference on Trade and Development’s Rapid eTrade Readiness Assessment (pdf)
- National Bank of Cambodia unveils technical details of Project Bakong, blockchain-based payments system seen as revamp of Khmer Riel and move away from US dollar
- Cambodia: Startups and SMEs amongst those to benefit from Smart Axiata telecom firms’ $1 Million COVID-19 Relief Fund
- 8 startups selected for UNICEF Cryptocurrency Fund backing, including 2 from India and 1 from Cambodia
Startups: Get featured
To have your startup banner featured in future Australian startup news updates from Startup News Asia (monthly and quarterly) or to have a news item distributed on our daily startup news feeds (on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via Startup News Asia mobile app) talk to us: Partner with Startup News Asia.
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app