A brief snapshot collection of Thailand’s tech startup news from the first month of 2020, capturing the notable headlines reported in English-language online media. January’s startup news from Thailand included items in fintech, 5G, accelerator news and more.
- Thailand: Telco-backed dtac Accelerate early-stage accelerator discontinued after 7 years
- Thailand: Lightnet blockchain-based fintech secures $31.2M series A funding with sights set on migrant workers and the global remittances market
- Thailand: Tech in Asia Pitch Night set for February 26th in Bangkok, featuring 6 startups and a panel of investors
- Thailand: Finnomena fintech firm raises $10M with digital wealth management platform; sets sights on SEA expansion
- Thailand: Tech in Asia Pitch Night Bangkok Edition applications close February 7th
- Thailand: AIS mobile operator and Siam Cement Group demo country’s first 5G use case for industry, showcasing remote-controlled forklifts via 5G from 110km distant