Filipino startup news headlines from December 2020
from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds
The Filipino startup news headlines listed here were collected from a variety of free, online news sources, each of them covering The Philippines’ startup developments across December 2020 in some way.
Headlines featured are hyperlinked to each news article behind that Filipino startup news headline, in full, providing an overview of The Philippines’ startup space, along with background detail on specific startup ecosystem developments in The Philippines.
Bear in mind that December is a quiet news month for the tech startup space generally; for a fuller picture of monthly startup news from The Philippines and beyond, take a look at 2020 in review.
- Philippines: An introduction to 5 Government-backed startup programs, covering grants, mentoring and more
- Philippines: MedHyve takes 2 wins during Philippines Startup Week with digital platform connecting medical institutions to suppliers for equipment needs
- Philippines: A brief intro to the 3 winners of the recent ARISE Startup Pitch Challenge 2020, held during Philippines Startup Week
- Philippines: Foxmont Capital Partners release the Philippine Venture Capital Report 2020
- Philippines: Startup News Asia’s monthly round-up of recent tech, startup and funding news headlines from the Philippines
- Philippines: Manila joins Global Innovation Alliance alongside Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City and Jakarta, in bid to help SMEs connect with overseas businesses and tech hubs
- An overview of the recent Philippine Startup Week 2020 event, a 5-day virtual conference
- Philippines: Boxer Manny Pacquiao to roll out PacPay and Pac tokens cryptocurrency in 2021, in part for cross-border transactions for OFWs, overseas Filipino workers
- Philippines: SquidPay secures over $4M with contactless payments
- Philippines: USAID commits over $400K in additional funding to boost DELIVER-e farmers-to-buyers digital platform
- Philippines: PureGo online grocery shopping platform launched by partnership between 917Ventures corporate incubator and Puregold supermarket chain
- Philippines: Applications for 917Ventures Velocity program close January 11th, seeking startups and concepts in eCommerce, Healthtech, Fintech and Adtech
- The Philippines’ Quikz mobile remittance app launches in Singapore in partnership with Nium, expanding services to Singapore-based overseas workers
- Philippines: Robocash Group launches UnaPay ‘buy now, pay later’ service in the country, offering instalment payment for online and offline shoppers
- A brief look at the startups from Vietnam, The Philippines, Sri Lanka and Singapore that won at Microsoft’s inaugural Emerge X Regional Pitching Competition
- An intro to the 10 startups selected for Habitat For Humanity’s ShelterTech accelerator, working to address housing livability and affordability
Asia’s startup news today
Startup News Asia’s all-day news updates on technology, startups and VC funding, looking at 17 primary locations: