Japan’s startup news snapshot from December 2020
from Startup News Asia
The Japanese startup headlines below were collected from a wide range of free, online Japan-tech news sources, each covering Japan’s startup and technology developments in December 2020.
Japanese startup headlines listed are hyperlinked to each article, in full, behind the news headlines; this provides both an overview of Japan’s startups and technology movements, and more background on specific developments in Japan’s startup scene.
Bear in mind that December is a quiet news month for the startup space generally; for a rounder picture of monthly startup news from Japan and beyond, take a look at 2020 in review.
- Japan: ‘FinTech Program, Asia meets Tokyo’ now accepting applications from overseas startups, providing mentoring and connections with Japanese firms
- Japan: An overview of the country’s opportunities in 5G in light of growing global restrictions on Huawei
- Japan: Indiegogo to expand Global Fast Track Program to aid Japanese entrepreneurs run successful overseas-focused crowdfunding campaigns
- Japan: An intro to 3 of the country’s artificial intelligence and machine learning startups
- Japan: A brief look at Toyota’s e-Palette, driverless, battery-powered vehicle with space for 20 passengers, originally intended to be showcased at the Olympics
- Japan’s SmartDrive fleet management startup partners Nippon Koei construction consultancy for traffic congestion relief project in Indonesia
- Japan: A brief interview intro to Mihoko Matsubara, Chief Cybersecurity Strategist with NTT Corporation, via GovInsider
Asia’s startup news today
Startup News Asia’s all-day news updates on technology, startups and VC funding, looking at 17 primary locations: