Startup news: Vietnam
The April 2020 Vietnam startup news round-up, covering Vietnam’s tech startup news in the early-stage startup scene. News items are collected from online, English-language media and are presented here at the country level, rather than as a country-plus-technology breakdown, to provide a broad overview of Vietnam’s startup ecosystem and developments.
Links below are Vietnam’s startup news headlines from April 2020, with each link connected to the news source for that headline and generally covering either an individual Vietnamese startup in the news or the wider Vietnam tech ecosystem in some way – VC news, government startup support programs, or Vietnam tech industry body news, for instance.
Please take a moment to visit our friends/partners as well, displayed in the banner ads below; these are Vietnamese startups or initiatives worthy of notice, support and headlines of their own.
- Vietnam: ThinkZone accelerator unveils its latest cohort of 5 startups, spanning IoT, health-tech and more
- Vietnam: A look at Loship, food delivery and e-commerce platform aiming for one-hour delivery turnaround
- Vietnam: An intro to Kilimo Finance, app-delivered lending platform aiming to improve financial access for smallholder farmers
- Vietnam: GPay gains 10-year license to provide e-payment portals and payments, digital money transfer and eWallet services
- Vietnam: OnPoint e-commerce enabler raises $8M with one-stop solutions for brands to build a presence on e-commerce platforms, social channels and websites
- Vietnam: BuyMed online pharmaceutical marketplace raises $2.5M with verified suppliers platform
- Vietnam: eDoctor platform for remote healthcare secures funding, building on past Shark Tank appearance, allowing users to book in-home health checkups
- Vietnam: Hult Prize Southeast Asia Regional 2020 selects 4 startup projects in Da Nang, joining 17 finalists
- Vietnam: An intro to Saigon Innovation Hub’s activities and connections as a startup support organisation in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam: Finhay fintech gains backing from Acorns co-founder with approach allowing users to start investments with as little as $2 of idle money
- Vietnam: An intro to 6 of the country’s entrepreneurs selected for the latest edition of the Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia list
- Vietnam: A brief intro to 3 of the country’s entrepreneurs selected for this year’s edition of the Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia list
- Vietnam: An intro to Homebase, proptech startup implementing a co-buy model for home buyers
- Vietnam: Entrepreneur launches 24/7 automatic rice dispensing machine, providing free rice for those out of work in ongoing nationwide coronavirus lockdown
- Vietnam: An overview of Tiki, business-to-consumer e-commerce platform hitting monthly website visits of 27M
- Vietnam: Triip travel startup launches new Stay Home Heroes initiative, allowing users to earn TIIM points by staying at home which can then be used for future travels
- An intro to RMIT Activator from Australia’s RMIT University, running simultaneous online LaunchHub programs for startups in Melbourne and Vietnam
- A brief intro to the 8 SE Asian startups receiving $1-2M from Sequoia’s Surge scale-up program, from Indonesia, Vietnam and Singapore
- A brief intro to 5 of Southeast Asia’s property-tech startups
- Singapore-based Manabie raises $4.8M with online education platform service growth in Vietnam built on 100K users, setting sights on SE Asia expansion
To have your startup banner included in future online Vietnam startup news updates from Startup News Asia (monthly and quarterly) or on our daily startup news feeds (on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via Startup News Asia mobile app) talk to us: Partner with Startup News Asia.