Startup news: Thailand
The April 2020 Thailand startup news summary, covering Thailand’s tech news in the early-stage startup scene. News items are gathered from the online English-language press at the country level, rather than as a country-plus-technology breakdown, to provide a broad overview of Thailand’s startup news.
The links listed below are Thailand’s startup news headlines from April 2020, with each link taking you to the online news source for that headline, generally covering either an individual Thai startup in the news or the wider Thai startup ecosystem in some way – venture capital, government or private startup support initiatives, or Thai technology industry news, for instance.
Please take a moment to visit our friends/partners as well, displayed in the banner ads below; these are Thai startups or initiatives worthy of notice, support and headlines of their own.
- Thailand: Siam Commercial Bank to launch cross-border payments powered by Ripple, aimed at migrant workers from across Southeast Asia
- Thailand: UK’s Azimo money transfer service partnered by Siam Commercial Bank to provide instant payments for European customers to SCB accounts in Thailand
- Thailand: Siriraj Public Hospital to implement AI and 5G solutions provided by China’s Huawei in the fight against COVID-19
- Indonesia’s Investree plans peer-to-peer lending services expansion to Thailand and Philippines following $23.5M fundraise
- 2C2P, a Singapore-HQ’d payments platform, launches investments arm, aiming for strategic investments in firms in payments and related sectors
To have your startup banner included in future online Australian startup news updates from Startup News Asia (monthly and quarterly) or on our daily Australian startup news feeds (on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via Startup News Asia mobile app) talk to us: Partner with Startup News Asia.