Startup news: Taiwan
The April 2020 Taiwan startup news summary, covering Taiwan’s tech, fintech and VC news in the early-stage startup scene. Items here are gathered from the online English-language news at the country level, rather than as a country-and-technology breakdown, in order to provide a broad overview of Taiwan’s startup ecosystems.
Links below are Taiwan startup news headlines from April 2020; each link takes you to the online source for that news headline, usually covering either an individual Taiwanese startup in the news or the wider Taiwan startup ecosystem in some way – VC investments, government or corporate-run startup initiatives, or Taiwan technology news, for example.
Please take a moment to visit our friends/partners, displayed in the banner ads below; these are Taiwanese startups or initiatives worthy of notice, support and news headlines of their own.
- ICYMI: Aegis opens, Taiwan’s first cafe supporting Hong Kong’s protests against extradition bill and CCP erosion of HK’s democratic freedoms
- Taiwan: An intro to Numbers, startup tackling fake news images using blockchain tech to capture metadata for private cloud storage or IFPS integration
- ICYMI: Audi Taiwan Innovation Award mobility-focused challenge, open to startups in Taiwan or APAC with an interest in relocating or expanding to Taiwan
- Taiwan’s Gogoro set to launch new e-bike brand Eeyo in the US, with wider sights set on providing a platform for energy-efficient vehicles
- Assuring Taiwan’s Innovation Future: 5 challenges and specific solutions to promote innovation, leverage partnerships, and to bolster Taiwan’s global marketplace standing
- Taiwan: US-based SmartLabs expands with new biomedical innovation base in Taiwan, and launch of Global Launch Program life sciences accelerator
- National Development Council to open applications from Taiwan’s startups affected by COVID-19 for scheme providing 6-12 months funding in exchange for preferred stock
- Taiwan: A brief intro to the eMask app, collecting and displaying data about mask inventories at local drugstores, developed in part by Taiwan’s Digital Minister
- Taiwan: BSOS blockchain firm closes $1M angel funding round with focus on enterprize applications
- Taiwan gov’t bans all official use of Zoom, citing cybersecurity concerns over data routed through China
- Taiwan: An intro to Taipei Urbanism, founded by a beneficiary of the Taiwan Employment Gold Card
- A look at the upcoming Meet your Match Taiwan event, initiative from KK Fund and Taiwan Startup Stadium to connect local startups with potential investors
- Taiwan: An overview of the country’s advantages and opportunities for startup founders and entrepreneurs
- Podcast: Startup Island Episode 1, an interview with Andrew Jiang of Taiwan-based Soda Labs, pioneering a hardware-as-a-service startup
To have your startup banner included in future online Taiwan-focused startup news updates from Startup News Asia (monthly and quarterly) or on our daily startup news feeds (on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via Startup News Asia mobile app) talk to us: Partner with Startup News Asia.