Startup news: New Zealand
April 2020 New Zealand startup news snapshot, covering New Zealand’s tech startup and funding news. News items are gathered at the country level, rather than as a country-plus-technology breakout, to provide a broad view of the overall activity in New Zealand’s startup scene.
Links below are New Zealand tech news headlines from April 2020, with each link connected to the online news source for that headline and generally covering either an individual New Zealand startup in the news or the wider New Zealand tech ecosystem in some way – VC funding, startup support, or NZ tech industry news, for instance.
Please take a moment to visit our friends/partners as well, displayed in the banner ads below; these are NZ startups or initiatives worthy of notice, support and news headlines of their own.
- New Zealand: Draw This! wins Hack The Crisis COVID-19 focused event with community connections focus, selected from 55 competing teams
- New Zealand: Aotearoa Online Startup Weekend set for May 1-3, focusing on COVID-19 solutions
- New Zealand: An intro to YieldTec, prototyping around fruit picking robotics with a focus on cost savings and ending seasonal labour shortages
- New Zealand: Hack the Crisis 48 hour challenge set for April 17th, online and focusing on 3 themes in battling COVID-19
- New Zealand: April 2020 edition of Startup Investment magazine now online, from pWc
- New Zealand: An intro to Mutu, aiming to launch an app-based peer-to-peer rental marketplace for everyday items later in 2020
- New Zealand: RealityVirtual startup gains Mega Grant from Epic Games with immersive VR work using the Unreal Engine
- New Zealand: Countdown chain opens NZ’s first purpose-built, customer-free e-Store to serve online shopping demands
- ICYMI: Opera web browser expands crypto wallet service across whole of Europe, and adds Australia, New Zealand, Mexico and Switzerland to roster
- Australia/New Zealand: Startups Hiring Through COVID-19 – a live, continually-updated spreadsheet of jobs and opportunities, from Airtree VC
To have your startup banner included in future online New Zealand startup news updates from Startup News Asia (monthly and quarterly) or on our daily startup news feeds (on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via Startup News Asia mobile app) talk to us: Partner with Startup News Asia.