Blockchain news headlines
Because of blockchain technology’s foundational importance in Web3 and recent tech generally, November 2021’s blockchain headlines touched on fields including nonfungible tokens, voting, gaming, music and – of course – the metaverse.
Items covered included: blockchain in journalism and media publishing; film-maker Quentin Tarantino’s foray into NFTs; Binance and blockchain-based identity and qualifications management; blockchain-based gaming earnings in South Korea; Cool Points Club’s use of blockchain and NFTs in the Islands of Cool climate change project; and more.
- ICYMI: Fox media giant to double down on investments in blockchain by adding more NFTs and digital collectibles for shows and franchises
- ICYMI: Reddit co-founder to partner Solana Foundation to invest $100M in building social media projects on the Solana blockchain
- Why publishers should start experimenting with blockchain: A snapshot of insights from the recent ‘Exploring Blockchain’s Potential to Transform Media’ report
- So, what exactly is Web3, and what is it made of?
- Avocado Guild blockchain-based play-to-earn firm raises $18M Series A in part via Animoca Brands, with 7K-member scholarship program mainly primarily in the Philippines and Indonesia
- Online now: DappRadar Blockchain Behavior Report: ‘Interest in the metaverse and play-to-earn booming in Asia’
- Financial Times takes a look at the economics of the play-to-earn space: “They could have 50BN [users] but if the growth line is flat then income is not being generated”
- ICYMI: Quentin Tarantino to offer 7 uncut scenes from Pulp Fiction as NFTs for auction on OpenSea, delivered using privacy-focused Secret Network blockchain ecosystem
- India: FreeTON DeFi Alliance blockchain ecosystem partners Kerala Blockchain Academy and Blockchain Centre India for Next Top TON Startup Hackathon – entries close Dec 6th
- Taiwan: A brief look at day 2 of the recent 2021 US Taiwan High-Tech Forum, touching on blockchain’s many use cases
- Sri Lanka Blockchain Summit set for November 19-30, looking at all things DLT and cryptocurrency related
- Singapore leg of World Blockchain Summit set for February 24-25 2022, bringing together all things crypto, defi and NFT
- Asia’s tech scene: Taipei Startup Festival, upcoming Singapore blockchain summit, Entrepreneur First’s Web3 platform, Korean blockchain gaming & in-game crypto, Pakistan’s startup scene…
- Taiwan’s DeCloak and TuringCert take 2nd and 3rd place wins in Draper Accelerator’s Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship Program Demo Day
- China’s Binance Smart Chain invests in Project Galaxy, blockchain platform focusing on verified credentials to prevent false identities and qualifications in education and employment
- Blockchain Association Singapore and China’s AntChain ink MOUs around collaboration, blockchain adoption and promotion in Singapore, China and across ASEAN
- Asia’s tech news, issue 110: Blockchain in India, Baidu’s metaverse moves, Bangladesh’s startups, entrepreneur wellness in Australia, crypto in Thailand…
- Hong Kong’s Animoca Brands NFT and blockchain firm partners K-Pop talent agency to issue NFTs based on songs, albums, portraits and avatars
- South Korea: Wemade blockchain gaming firm hits market capitalization of $5BN since launch of MIR4, crypto-earning massively-multiplayer online role-playing game
- ICYMI: Entrepreneur First organisation launches Entrepreneur First Web3, a blockchain-based company-building platform aiming to attract and aid new founders in the web3 space
- ICYMI: A look at Centaurify, music-tech using NFTs and blockchain to help artists monetize the ticket resale market whilst eliminating ticket fraud
- Australia: NSW gov’t partners Microsoft and others to focus on apartment building defects using blockchain and AI to secure and record provenance details
Startup News Asia’s other editions go out on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and by mobile app, e-newsletter and in Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.