September 2021 snapshot of artificial intelligence news
Artificial intelligence news items in September 2021 covered applications and developments including: AI in New Zealand’s heart health; eyewear that converts speech into text for the hearing-impaired; AI-driven analysis of sports and athletic performance; and more.
Our September artificial intelligence news coverage is relatively light, and so we’ve also included a brief snapshot of August 2021 AI news to provide a more rounded view of recent developments.
You can also get our daily tech news via social, mobile & email.
- New Zealand: HeartLab raises $2.45M seed funding with AI-driven heart scanning and reporting platform for cardiologists, with sights on US entry early in 2022
- China: Black Sesame Technologies approaches $2BN valuation with artificial intelligence-based self-driving vehicle computing chips
- Vietnam-Australia artificial intelligence cooperation network launches, aiming to boost knowledge-sharing in the field
- China: LLVision Tech releases eyewear that converts speech into text in real-time for hearing-impaired people, using augmented reality and artificial intelligence
- Philippines: Connected Women social impact startup partnered by Union Bank to develop financial inclusion solutions contextualized for Filipinos
- Australia: GamefaceAI acquired in $33M deal by Slinger Bags equipment giant with AI-driven analysis of sports footage, providing insights on a match or sporting performance
- Australia: A brief intro to 10 sports-tech startups, working with analytics, AI, virtual reality and more
August 2021 AI news snapshot
- AI’s potential in financial crime detection: “In recent years, financial crime scandals involving front and shell companies have led to fines of hundreds of millions, even billions, of dollars.”
- India: AgNext Technologies takes AI Gamechanger Program agriculture category win artificial intelligence in the post-harvest quality assessment process
- Download: Artificial Intelligence & Its Role In Delivering Economic Value To Indian Enterprises, from RBSA Advisors (pdf)
- India: Ministry of Science and Technology announces special incentives scheme to support 75 startups in telemedicine, digital health and artificial intelligence
- Philippines: Medhyve gains gov’t funding under Startup Research Grant with AI-driven medical supplies procurement and B2B platform
- Taiwan: Neurobit secures $1.1M with artificial intelligence-backed diagnosis of neurological disorders