Edge196 Blockchain & Fintech Asia Competition
The Asia Blockchain & Fintech Startup Competition is a virtual elevator pitch contest where founders or companies targeting Asia’s Blockchain and/or FinTech ecosystem showcase business ideas to a panel of experts, entrepreneurs and investors.
EDGE196’s aim is to be a catalyst between startups, investors and service providers, providing open avenues to a marketplace in a cross-border ecosystem which maximizes digital asset value through EDGE196’s syndication economy.
EDGE196 has been in the forefront of startup competitions and hackathons since its inception. In 2017, at the Global Startup Competition, EDGE196 selected 21 startups as pitch finalists among 3000 applicants.
Asia Blockchain and Fintech Startup Competition opened its virtual doors on October 19 2020, allowing the next generation of entrepreneurs to submit their investor deck online.
6 winning startups will be announced and invited to spend 4 weeks with EDGE196 mentors and investors in Sugar Land, Texas.
In addition, each one of the winning teams will receive between $25K and $200K in equity investment. EDGE196 will further evaluate the selected companies and invest up to $1M as a follow-up round.
Startup News Asia is pleased to support the EDGE196 Blockchain & FinTech Asia Competition, given our own focus on Asia’s technology and startup ecosystems; our monthly summaries of Asia’s blockchain news, and Asia’s fintech startup news, can be read online.
- BirthVenue – blockchain and AI development
- Liber Health – patient identity and health data exchange
- SplitEase – split bills, and manage personal and group expenses
- Sikoba – blockchain-based IOU system
- Degenics – anonymity-first platform for medical and bioinformatics data
- Agrilivemarket – AI-powered global marketplace for the food industry
- Singular Capital – investment manager in an award-winning mobile app
- UVAS – trade assets you couldn’t trade before
- LORA Technologies – bringing Wall Street to main street using AI
- Phaethon Technologies
- Ada Rejeki – a simple way to guarantee a small loan for a friend or employee
- ECSalary – allows employees’ early access to already-earned salaries at an affordable rate
- Singzy Technologies – automating onboarding operations using AI
- Riverr – secure, verifiable way to present competence and health compliance status across borders
- Dela – technology-based foreign exchange for personal use
- The Pool Funders
For information on EDGE196, and for information on the competition: