The first phase of the Artist Collective is a residency at Draper Startup House Manila where artists will stay onsite and create physical artworks which will be permanently displayed in the space and its rooms to boost community connection and local culture in Draper Startup House Manila’s hotel. In-residency produced works will be the artists’ permanent exhibit at the space to bring exposure to their art and establish their contribution to building the physical Web3 hub of Manila.
- Philippines: An intro to yufin, merchant fintech platform enabling underserved and often unbanked SMEs in emerging markets to enter the digital economy
- Philippines: Alibaba Netpreneur Training to launch with QBO Innovation Hub, Gobi Partners VC firm and JCI Manila, a 4-week program focusing on online commerce
- Philippines: Central bank is exploring 3 key technologies for new financial market infrastructure, including blockchain, whilst developing POCs in 6 technologies including AI
- Philippines: Asia Open RAN Academy launches, backed by Tokyo and Washington, to boost open radio access network knowledge across members of ASEAN
- Philippines: A brief intro to MadEats, a Y Combinator graduate ‘full-stack’ food delivery-only firm featuring virtual shop, ‘ghost kitchens’ and a fleet of drivers
- Philippines: Investree crowdfunding platform launches ‘2gether Towards the Future’ campaign to help the country’s SMEs, looking to expand Dept of Trade & Industry partnership
- Philippines: DigiCon Valley 2022 conference set for October, delivered by the Internet & Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines
- Philippines: An intro to Advanced Abilities and Smartscan AI-enabled X-ray platform, able to detect up to 25 chest pathologies in 2 minutes, tapping a database of 6M images
- Philippines: IdeaSpace Demo Day lands investment for Betterteem, Fitscovery and Twala, startups working on HR tech, fitnes management and fintech solutions
- Philippines: Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Startup Accelerator Philippines Demo Day finals set for July 27th, running from Draper Startup House in Makati
- Philippines: Dart quick-commerce startup to launch 15-minute grocery delivery services, partnering Robinsons Supermarket’s 274-outlet chain
- Testing, testing… We’re on Substack, and issue 1 is out now – quick tech news from across Asia for a time-poor readership
- Singapore’s JiPay backed by Manila Angel Investors Network, to provide wide-spectrum financial services to migrant domestic workers across SE Asia
ASIA’S tech news: OTHER EDITIONS
Our other editions go out on a variety of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, e-newsletter and Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.
- Mobile app: Startup News Asia mobile app
- On Facebook: Startup News Asia on Facebook
- On LinkedIn: Asia tech news on LinkedIn
- On Twitter: Wade K Wright / Asia’s tech news on Twitter