July, August & September 2020
Startup News Asia’s third quarter 2020 round-up of Myanmar’s startup news from July, August and September.
Each news headline listed below details a tech or startup news item from Q3 2020 connected with an aspect of Myanmar’s startup ecosystem; a Myanmar startup announcing a new service, product or VC investment, or an article covering something affecting Myanmar’s startup ecosystem in some way, such as a government or corporate startup investment program, for instance.
The focus is obviously on Myanmar’s startups, but technology and startup news headlines are included from the wider SEA region and the world beyond where useful to provide points-of-reference, food for thought, and wider industry knowledge.
- Myanmar: Yangom Broom gains backing with on-demand household cleaning to add training school for high-quality cleaning services and mobile app
- Myanmar: An interview intro to Karzo logistics firm, detailing the journey from startup idea to fully-fledged business
- Myanmar, Facebook, elections and fake news: “For most people in Myanmar, Facebook is the internet.”
- Myanmar: A look at the country’s mobile money and digital payments services, and the fintech startups making moves
- ICYMI: The Role of Entrepreneurship in Closing Gender Gaps in Myanmar, a report from Emerging Market Entrepreneurs Myanmar, SHE investments and Sasakawa Peace Foundation
- Myanmar: Facebook announces new steps intended to boost protection for the country’s upcoming election cycle
- Myanmar: An overview of the country’s startups and active investors, along with its challenges and opportunities
- Video: Startup Frontiers – Myanmar Episode 1, from Tech In Asia
- Video: Startup Frontiers – Myanmar Episode 2, from Tech In Asia
- Video: Startup Frontiers – Myanmar Episode 3, from Tech In Asia
- South Korea: Maeil Business Newspaper selects 3 professionals from Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar as winners for 5th edition of ASEAN Entrepreneur Award
- Myanmar: A brief video snapshot of a handful of Myanmar’s startup and tech-related news headlines, from Startup News Asia
- Another look at the 11 startups selected from the End Plastic Waste Innovation Platform program, from Australia, India, Indonesia, Myanmar and UAE
- Myanmar: Emerging Markets Entrepreneurs, Japan’s Seiji Kurokoshi and Myanmar’s Ezay e-commerce startup form AdsZay, new firm focused on rural advertising and retail
- Myanmar: MyanCare telemedicine startup secures $600K with healthcare app and paediatric medical call centre service
- Myanmar: Government and World Bank ink agreement to provide off-grid solar to 450K people in rural Myanmar, aiming for universal energy access by 2030
- Indonesia: Svara digital media firm aiming to raise $8M Series A with cloud-based broadcasting-focused systems, and sights on expansion to Myanmar
- Japan’s Space BD to provide Myanmar with access to space via micro-satellite project aboard International Space Station