Cambodia’s tech news snapshot for September 2023 captures items including: Bakong CBDC‘s developments in cross-border payments; the Cambodia Data Exchange platform; chat-based loans for Cambodia’s unbanked population; and more.
Hit the links below for the Cambodia tech news items behind the headlines.
- A deep-dive look at Japan’s Soramitsu, low-profile blockchain firm behind projects including Cambodia’s Bakong digital currency
- Cambodia: CODE-C developer conference and tech expo set for September 8-9 in Phnom Penh, focusing on cybersecurity, trends and tech opportunities
- Cambodia’s digital currency: “…for QR code-based digital payments between Cambodia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam…. has 8.5M users and handled around $15BN in payments by the end of last year.”
- Cambodia: Wing Bank joins government’s Cambodia Data Exchange platform, speeding customer onboarding
- Cambodia: Singapore’s Boost Capital, providing chat-based loan applications for the unbanked and underbanked, aiming to make the process cheaper and more efficient
- Cambodia: An intro to Tenbox, digital marketplace connecting suppliers, distributors and local producers to marts, restaurants, coffee shops, mom-and-pop stores and more
- ‘Social Media and the Fight For Political Influence in Southeast Asia – The use of digital communications platforms has transformed the region’s politics – both for good and for ill.’
All-day tech news updates from across the broad – and increasingly strategically and technologically important – Indo-Pacific region, and across South and Southeast Asia:
- Indo-Pacific tech daily on Twitter
- Indo-Pacific tech daily on Facebook
- Indo-Pacific tech news on LinkedIn
Our mobile app is currently offline, due to the ongoing devolution of what was Twitter, now X.
We aim to have the app back online with a much-improved interface and broader functionality late in 2023.
Our weekly e-newsletters go out via Substack and LinkedIn, giving a one-glance grasp of the week’s technology news from the Indo-Pacific and South & Southeast Asia.