The Indonesia tech snapshot for May 2023 touched on items including: warnings over cryptocurrency use in Bali; Gojek’s moves into Vietnam; Bukalapak’s recent losses; and more.
- Indonesia: Bukalapak e-commerce giant recorded net loss of over $68M in Q1 2023 compared to net profit of $993M in Q1 2022
- Indonesia: Gov’t-backed Startup Studio Indonesia accelerator program opens applications for 7th cohort
- Indonesia: Bali warns tourists against payments using cryptocurrencies in hotels, restaurants and other destinations, reminding visitors that crypto is not legal tender
- Grab Philippines fined $160K by Philippine Competition Commission due to ride-hail giant failing to refund consumers in full more than 3 years after ruling
- Indonesia’s GoJek partners Vietnam’s Dat Bike to pilot electric motorbikes for transportation, logistics and food delivery needs of Gojek’s Vietnam users
Get regular updates on tech news headlines from across Asia and the Indo-Pacific: