The March 2023 tech news snapshot for Vietnam touches on items including LG’s growing commitments to Vietnam’s tech space, Oman-backed microfinance for Vietnam’s underbanked populations, store digitization platforms allowing SMEs to step into the e-commerce world, and more. Hit the tech headline links below to read each Vietnam-focused news article in full.
Our other editions include daily, weekly, monthly, and mobile technology news updates.
“…the e-wallet market in Việt Nam is booming with 90% of the market falling on three wallets: Momo, Moca and ZaloPay….In addition, the 3 other major service providers…are ShopeePay (AirPay), ViettelPay and VNPTPay.”
- Qualcomm Vietnam Innovation Challenge 2023 unveils 10 startup teams selected, working on tech in fields including smart cities, robotics, IoT, agri-tech and more
- Vietnam: F88 gains $50M funding from Vietnam-Oman Investment Fund to expand microfinance in the country, aiming to provide underbanked and unbanked populations with access to small emergency loans
- Vietnam: LG Electronics boosts R&D center to corporate entity status to further bolster fast-growing auto solutions business, looking at software for in-vehicle infotainment systems
“In collaboration with Vietnamese universities, LG has been running programs to train young locals seeking careers in software development in Da Nang and neighboring cities since 2021. The company said it will expand the academic collaboration to run programs for students in Hanoi this year.”
- Vietnam: A brief intro to Prime Commerce, e-commerce enabler offering centralized software for multi-channel sales order management, spanning inventory, payments, data analysis and more
- Vietnam: MoMo digital payments firm gains Western Union collaboration deal to facilitate money transfers via the MoMo app
Asia’s tech news headlines
Our other news editions go out on a range of platforms and channels, and across a range of timeframes, highlighting key tech news from across Asia and the Indo-Pacific, and showcasing the region’s startups and technology developments: