Indonesian tech news
January 2023 snapshot
Indonesian tech news in January of 2023 touched on a range of issues, including Tesla’s moves towards securing an Indonesian nickel supply for vehicle batteries, mobile payments, D2C startup venture capital, and others.
And for our other editions, spanning daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly updates on Asia’s technology spaces, here’s an outline.
- Indonesia: FLIK secures $1.1M pre-seed funding with unified checkout solution, combining fintech infrastructure and shopper experience management systems
- Indonesia: Tesla closes in on preliminary deal to set up Indonesia factory, seeking to capitalize on the country’s reserves of key battery metals
- Indonesia: Creative Gorilla Capital VC launches $20M fund to back consumer-focused and direct-to-consumer startups
“A former retail worker taught his neighbors the art of content creation. Now, his hamlet is the unlikely heart of the country’s growing YouTube community.”
- Indonesia: Imajin gains seed funding with manufacturing focus, drawing production across mold and dies, metal and plastic parts, raw materials trading, fabrication and mass production
- Indonesia’s Grab adds ZaloPay, mobile payment app and financial services arm of Vietnam’s VNG, as its latest cashless solution in Vietnam, gaining bank networks and 71M messaging app users
More of Asia’s tech news headlines
The monthly collections listed by country, above, are drawn from our daily Asia tech news updates, which go out on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and via mobile app.
We also deliver weekly updates in newsletter formats, via LinkedIn and Substack; and each of those also provides our tech newsletters in web format, for reading online.
Beyond these, we also produce quarterly collections, gathering a jurisdiction’s technology news into 3-monthly digests each year.