The end-of-month snapshot of Thailand’s tech news for September 2022 from Startup News Asia.
September’s Thailand-focused tech news snapshot touches on moves towards a Thailand-focused metaverse, the challenges around Thailand’s venture capital industry, the Thai SEC’s ban on aspects of cryptocurrency trading, and more.
Each of the links below is a Thailand-focused tech news headline, connected directly to the article behind it, online and available to read immediately – one click to the Thai tech news you want.
- South Korea’s Naver Z, operator of Zepeto metaverse, inks MOU with Thailand’s telecoms and digital services provider True Corp for Thailand-driven metaverse ecosystem
- Thailand: Securities and Exchange Commission rolls out new rules on cryptocurrency advertising, alongside mandating that details of advertising terms must also be given to regulators
- Thailand: Securities and Exchange Commission announces ban on crypto firms from offering staking and lending services to investors in the country, aiming to safeguard investors from liquidity risks
- VC in Thailand: “…money – from banks, agriculture conglomerates, retail groups and telecom providers — comes with strings attached, which makes it difficult for fund managers and founders to move fast and build new products.”
- Thailand to extend Smart Visa scheme in bid to attract more overseas, covering 18 key industries