The September 2022 end-of-month collection of Taiwan’s technology news from Startup News Asia.
This month’s Taiwan-focused technology headline summary covers the upcoming Taipei Blockchain Week event, Taiwanese e-scooter battery swap trial in Singapore, Qualcomm’s support for Taiwan’s tech sector, and more.
Each link below is a Taiwan technology news headline, connected directly to the article behind it, online, which you can immediately read in full – one click to the Taiwan tech news you’re looking for.
Don’t forget Asia’s tech e-newsletter, weekly:
SNA on Substack, SNA on LinkedIn and SNA on Revue.
- A brief intro to the 7 startups that presented at the recent SparkLabs Taiwan Demo Day, working on tech solutions in logistics, business decision-making, online retail and more
- Taiwan’s AESOP Technology raises $2.95M pre-A to address medical and billing errors, using AI to aid in diagnosis
- Taiwan’s Gogoro EV battery-swap ecosystem provider gains sandbox pilot scheme from Singapore transport authority, green-lighting use of electric scooters and installation of battery-swap infrastructure
- Taiwan: A brief overview of the government’s National Development Fund and its 5-year Startup Business Angel Investment Program
- Taiwan: Apple to be first company to use updated Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co’s latest chip technology, adopting TSMC chips for some iPhone and Mac computers in 2023
- Taipei Blockchain Week is set for December 12-17, looking at all things Web3, NFT, DeFi, DAO, governance and more
- Taiwan: A quick overview of Qualcomm’s moves in the country, including the launch of Qualcomm South Taiwan Innovation Center in the Kaohsiung Taiwan 5G AIoT Innovation Park
- Taiwan: The 10 tech startups selected for the Qualcomm Innovate in Taiwan Challenge 2022, working in AI-driven medical tech, cryptography, blockchain credentials in education and beyond
- India: Tata Group is reportedly in discussions with US-based Wistron to establish a manufacturing JV for assembling iPhones in India, continuing trend of moving production away from China
- India: Taiwan’s Foxconn and Vedanta mining giant announce $19.5BN plan to build chipmaking factory, potentially creating 100K jobs in Gujarat
Startup News Asia’s other editions
Startup News Asia editions go out on a variety of channels – mobile app, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn – and via weekly e-newsletters.