The September 2022 month-end collection of Singapore’s tech and startup news from Startup News Asia.
This month’s Singapore startup news snapshot looks at artificial intelligence-driven cancer detection, Singaporean laser-delivered high-speed internet technology, a range of Singapore-connected agricultural technology articles and issues, and more.
Items below are a selection of Singapore’s tech and startup news headlines, each linked to the article behind it, online and in full – one click to the Singapore startup news you’re looking for.
- Singapore: FathomX AI startup raises $1.6M in lead-up to Series A funding round, focusing on cancer detection in breast tissue
- Singapore: NTU Food Science & Tech develops fungi-based product as a healthier and even-greener alternative to plant-based proteins, cultivated using food waste and agricultural by-products
- Singapore: Eezee digital procurement platform raises $7.5M Series A, integrating with enterprise systems, including Oracle and SAP, allow businesses to find and purchase items from safety equipment to industrial supplies
- Singapore: An interview intro to Transcelestial’s CENTAURI, designed to deliver high-speed internet via laser beam
- Singapore: Global food firm Cargill inks 3-year partnership with Singapore Economic Development Board to incubate startups working on solutions for Asia-Pac’s food and agriculture industries
- Singapore: A look at KNN3, permissionless, decentralized tool for developers to pull insights from cross-blockchain user data, seeing dApp and smart contract integration opportunities
- An intro to Singapore-based Itsmyne, a Web3 startup delivering a ‘social network meets marketplace’ for licensed NFTs, recently the official NFT partner of 2022 Global Sports Tech Summit
- Nutrition Technologies, Singapore/Malaysia agri-tech, raised $20M, manufacturing protein from black soldier fly larvae as a sustainable alternative to fishmeal for animal feed
- Singapore’s Buy2Sell B2B platform partnered by Mastercard for cross-border payment solutions in Vietnam
- Taiwan’s Gogoro EV battery-swap ecosystem provider gains sandbox pilot scheme from Singapore transport authority, green-lighting use of electric scooters and installation of battery-swap infrastructure
- Turtle Venture startup ecosystem development and consultancy launches first Singapore-based venture studio to aid Bangladeshi entrepreneurs launch in the city-state
- Korean Startup Showcase 2022 StartTour heads to Singapore from October 24-28, boosting visibility of Korean firms and solutions with sights on market expansion and investment