Taiwanese technology news in October 2022: Wide-ranging semiconductor and advanced-chip developments, 500 Startups’ Taiwan program’s new cohort, Taiwanese electric vehicle firm Gogoro makes battery-swap moves in India, and more.
- ICYMI: A look at the moonshot startups from the recent 500 Global Fall 2022 Demo Day, including Taiwan’s RosettaAI e-commerce startup
- Taiwan: 500 Global and Taiwan Tech Arena unveil 500 Global Accelerator Taiwan’s 2nd cohort of startups for Demo Day – here’s a brief intro to the 20 startups selected
- Taiwan to begin accepting proposals for backup satellite internet network in the event of ‘intense military aggression’, natural disasters or problems with undersea cables
- Taiwan’s Foxconn announces deal with US electric vehicle startup, INDIEV, to manufacture prototypes for its first production vehicle at recently-acquired Ohio plant
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co suspends advanced silicon production for China’s Biren Technology, a graphics competitor to Nvidia and AMD, in order to ensure compliance with US regulations
- Taking cues from Ukraine, Taiwan to spend $17M to bolster mobile infrastructure – including undersea cables – and accelerate deployment of fifth-gen mobile network base stations
- Taiwan’s Gogoro electric vehicles startup to pilot 6-second battery swapping stations in India, building on Singapore and Indonesia pilots