Malaysia’s tech news in October 2022: This month’s snapshot covers items including Malaysia’s MRANTI moves in tech innovation, Digital Penang’s partnership with Microsoft, a Malaysian initiative bringing Halal assurance to Australia, and more.
- Malaysia: In September, Cohort 1 of the MYStartup Accelerator gained investments totaling over $300K from 17 angel investors
- An overview of Malaysian Research Accelerator for Technology & Innovation’s $3.88M gov’t grant to boost MRANTI Park, seeking global innovation hub status
- Malaysia: CoreHalal Sabah brings Halal Assurance System to Australia, helping subscribers manage and ensure Halal supply chains
- Malaysia: Digital Penang inks MoU with Microsoft to boost digital skills in Penang startups and SMEs, implementing Microsoft initiatives, platforms and certification
- Nutrition Technologies, Singapore/Malaysia agri-tech, raised $20M, manufacturing protein from black soldier fly larvae as a sustainable alternative to fishmeal for animal feed
- Malaysia: Securities Commission adds Huobi Global cryptocurrency exchange to Investor Alert List over operating without regulator registration