Construction of the factory that will produce 300-millimeter silicon wafers in Sherman, Texas, is expected to start later this year. Production from the first fab is anticipated as early as 2025, the Hsinchu, Taiwan-based company said in a statement.
- Taiwan: GlobalWafers unveils plans to build a $5BN semiconductor silicon-wafer facility in the US, set to be the largest such facility on American soil
- Taiwan’s OwlTing blockchain services provider gains Dow Jones Risk & Compliance database license for OwlPay platform, strengthening the service’s KYC and risk management
- Taiwan: Asia-Pacific Telecom and Ericsson deploy 5G non-standalone multi-operator core network, allowing separate core networks with shared access elements including spectrum
- Taiwan: Infinio Capital early-stage VC launches $20M Ignition Fund 1 to invest in space-tech startups, aiming to build an ecosystem in the country over the next two years
- Taiwan’s MediaTek partnered by Intel to manufacture chips using Intel Foundry Services, allowing MediaTek build more resilient supply chain with capacity in the US and Europe
- Taiwan’s Foxconn and Thailand’s state-run energy group PTT to build Plus EV new electric vehicle production base, with production and delivery expected in 2024
- Indonesia’s Indika energy major reportedly mulling $2B electric vehicles venture in partnership with Taiwan’s Foxconn, building on battery manufacturing project
ASIA’S tech news: OTHER EDITIONS
Our other editions go out on a variety of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, e-newsletter and Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.
- Mobile app: Startup News Asia mobile app
- On Facebook: Startup News Asia on Facebook
- On LinkedIn: Asia tech news on LinkedIn
- On Twitter: Wade K Wright / Asia’s tech news on Twitter