The January 2022 snapshot of Vietnam’s tech, startup and venture capital news, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily updates
You can also get SE Asia & Indo-Pacific tech news with
Startup News Asia’s social media channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram – or with Startup News Asia’s mobile app.
- Vietnam: Coin98 gains strategic investment from Binance Labs with all-in-one DeFi platform spanning Wallet, Exchange, and Space Gate cross-chain bridge to migrate tokens across networks
- Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh City Innovative Startup and Tourism competition applications are now open to local and international startups
- Vietnam’s nascent startup sector on pace to be the region’s next tech hub: ‘…funding for startups in Vietnam reached $2.1 billion last year, up from just $48 million in 2017…’
- RT @VAugmetics: BIG DAY TOMOROW!!!! Sign up to see, in 5 minutes and 31 magnificent seconds, what we do and what we are all about at @techstars demo day.
- Vietnam: ON social commerce startup gains $1.1M seed funding in round led by local VC, Touchstone Partners, assisting online sellers with orders, fulfilment, returns and more
- Vietnam: Cashless payments made 72.8% of total retail transactions in 2021, up 9% year-on-year
- Validus Vietnam, unit of SME growth financing platform Validus, TTC Group and early-stage investor Do Ventures ink JV to drive fintech-focused financial inclusion
- Vietnam: Funverse Capital unveils first $10M investment fund for blockchain-focused tech startups, looking to make an impact on the fintech and gaming industries
- Vietnam: Mio raises $8M Series A with group buying platform for groceries and fresh produce with next-day deliveries, focusing on Vietnam’s Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities
- Vietnam: Timo digital bank secures $20M in new funding in round led by Square Peg
- Vietnam: An overview of the country’s technology goals, touching on 5G, satellites, startups and entrepreneurship, and more
- Vietnam: National startup festival for students provisionally set for March 26-27 at University of Transport Technology in Vinh Phuc province
- Vietnam: VIISA early-stage VC firm backs SHub, an online teaching and learning platform for classroom management which boasts 200 schools and 100K teachers as users
Our other editions go out on a variety of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, e-newsletter and Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.