January 2022’s snapshot of The Philippines’ tech startup news headlines, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily newsfeeds
Get today’s tech news from across South & SE Asia, and the Indo-Pacific via Startup News Asia’s social media channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram – or with the Startup News Asia Android app.
- Philippines: JazzyPay digital payments provider acquired by Singapore’s ASEAN Fintech Group in $1.8M deal
- Philippines: A video intro to InvestEd, social enterprise startup giving Pinoys a chance to finish their education through non-collateral loans
- Philippines: Starlink, satellite internet service of Elon Musk’s SpaceX, opens orders for ‘starter kit’, with service launch open-ended for later this year
- Philippines: BillEase raises $11M Series B with buy-now-pay-later services, building on having Lazada shopping marketplace giant as its first merchant partner
- Philippines: A look at ‘pisonets’ internet kiosks in The Philippines, allowing those on low incomes to pay using coins for ‘net access in 5-minute increments
- The Philippines’ AcadArena and campus-based play-to-earn gaming: “In 2021 alone, AcadArena engaged more than 150K students from around 500 colleges…”
- Union Bank of the Philippines to offer trading and custodial services for cryptocurrencies in bid to capitalize on region’s rapid adoption of digital tokens
- Philippines: Twitter suspends over 300 accounts and hashtags promoting presidential candidate Marcos’ campaign, citing violation of spam and manipulation rules
- Philippines: A video interview with AcadArena, campus-focused esports firm
Our other editions go out on a variety of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, e-newsletter and Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.