Startup News Asia’s monthly snapshot of key tech news headlines from Thailand, curated from online media in August 2022.
Tech news items below touch on Thailand’s news headlines in fields including NFTs, cybersecurity, crowdfunding and more, with each headline item hyperlinked directly to the Thailand tech news article behind it.
We’ve recently launched weekly tech news updates on Substack, alongside weekly startup news summaries on LinkedIn, and the less-frequent SNA e-newsletter on Revue.
- Thailand: An overview of the recently-launched Spark Ignite 2022 Thailand Startup Competition, heavily backed by Huawei and aiming to boost the country’s digital economy efforts
- Thailand Post issued its first collectible NFT stamps this month, a limited edition of 50,000 NFTs to mark the country’s 140th anniversary
- Thailand: National Cyber Security Agency inks MoU with Huawei, hoping to create “a globally trusted cyberspace in Thailand”
- Thailand: Central bank to launch pilot study of a retail central bank digital currency with 10,000 retail users selected by the bank
- Thailand: Kasikornbank launches high school student-focused Startup For Better Society Hackathon 2022 nationwide, seeking business ideas and innovations for a sustainable society
- Thailand: Techsauce media platform launches Thailand Accelerator, partnering PeerPower crowdfunding bond platform to aid fundraising for Thai startups
- Thailand: Techsauce Global Summit is set for August 26 & 27, featuring sessions on fintech, climate tech, the metaverse, artificial intelligence and more
SNA: other editions
Startup News Asia editions go out on a variety of channels –
mobile app, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
and via the weekly e-newsletters below.