Startup News Asia’s August 2022 snapshot of Korean tech news headlines, selected from online news outlets.
Headlines here are drawn from our daily tech newsfeeds – on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and mobile app – and touch on Korean tech news in fields including semiconductors, manufacturing supply chains, digital currencies and more. Each headline item listed is linked directly to the Korean tech news article behind it – one click to the news, in full.
- South Korea invited to join the US-led Chip 4 semiconductor alliance, joining Japan and Taiwan, with aims to build a shared platform for semiconductor supply chains
- South Korea set to join US-led Chips 4 alliance, platform for semiconductor supply chains, joining Japan and Taiwan – but China accounts for almost 60% of SK chip exports
- South Korea: A brief intro to the 6 startups selected for Incheon Startup Park’s 2022 Boost Startup Program, working in e-commerce, metaverse applications, semiconductor testing and beyond
- South Korea: Startup accelerator DCamp marks 100th demo day, and celebrates a total of 6,874 startups having pitched from the first event to today
- ICYMI: Tornado Cash virtual currency ‘mixer’ sanctioned by US Dep’t of Treasury over transaction obfuscation that has helped North Korean hacking collective in money-laundering