SNA’s technology headlines snapshot for India, drawn across April 2022 and providing an overview of the Indian tech, startup and venture funding spaces.
- India’s Pixxel launches satellite with SpaceX, featuring hi-res hyperspectral camera to focus on issues including deforestation, ice caps, pollution and crop health
- “Facebook’s algorithm offers cheaper ad deals to India’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party over other parties, according to an analysis…across 22 months and 10 elections…”
- India: Hyderabad’s T-Hub incubator launches 3-month Electric Vehicle entrepreneurial program for students and professionals – applications close April 30th
- India: Glip gaming startup raises $3M Pre-A with creator tool suite for gamers to create and monetise content, with sights on additions including NFT auctions
- India: Myraah raises $350K pre-seed funding to build out Web3 platform featuring digital ID builder, private files storage and no-code Web3-ready website builder
- ICYMI: Hyderabad sets sights on ‘pharma city’ the size of 14000 football fields as new, globally-significant cornerstone in drug ingredient production
- In the Crosshairs: Organizations and Nation-State Cyber Threats’ – findings of a survey of security professionals, focusing on India, Japan and Australia
- India: i-Hub and India Accelerator partner for joint programs and initiatives, focusing on fast-tracking early-stage startups towards investment-readiness
- India: GlowRoad, a women-focused social commerce startup, has been acquired by Amazon, pursuing goal of digitising 10M local Indian businesses by 2025
- India: Rario cricket-focused NFT platform raised $120M led by Dream Capital, gaining access to 140M Dream Sports and subsidiaries’ users
- “India made 48.6 billion real-time payments through 2021 – which is over 2.6x higher than China at second place with 18.5 billion real-time transactions.”
- India: NTPC, state-owned power producer and utility company, inks MOU with Energy Vault to develop and commercialize gravity-based energy storage technology
Startup News Asia: other editions
Hit the links to get ongoing tech startup news updates from across Asia Pacific, and beyond, on your preferred platform.