Tech in Singapore
Our Singapore-focused technology news round-up for October 2021 is drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds. This month’s articles cover items across technologies, issues, startups and more including: Draper Startup House’s first investment; anti-money laundering in Singapore; education-tech in the city-state; Singapore’s cybersecurity strategy; and many more.
The Singaporean tech and startup news headlines below are linked to the online news article behind the headline, giving readers instant, 1-click access to the Singapore tech news, articles, downloads and reports you need to understand Singapore’s tech scene.
You can also get tech news from across Asia and the broad Indo-Pacific with our daily updates – social, mobile, email and more.
- Singapore’s United Overseas Bank to spend up to $500M on new personalised digital banking app, aiming to double digital customers to over 7M across ASEAN by 2026
- 93% of all Singaporeans had heard of crypto and 43% owned it, with adoption highest among 26-45 year-olds. 66% of respondents in that group said they owned some crypto’
- Singapore: Monetary Authority to launch data sharing platform, COSMIC, in bid to fight money laundering, sharing data with 6 of region’s largest financial institutions
- Singapore: UnaBiz raises $25M with IoT sensor data management and analysis in manufacturing, assets management, smart cities and more
- Singapore: A brief video intro to the recently-distributed TraceTogether device, a helping track who a person has interacted with and the locations they’ve visited
- Singapore: ASEAN-Singapore Cybersecurity Centre of Excellence opens, aiming to help ASEAN member states develop cybersecurity capabilities
- Singapore: Auspac Investment Management launches US$50M fund, looking ats 2-3 deals each quarter over 3 years and focusing on Series A-stage startups
- Singapore Cybersecurity Strategy 2021 available to download, outlining 3 strategic pillars and 2 ‘foundational enabler’ statements
- Singapore: 3 startups – Indie, RunGo and Thrust Carbon – advance to Grand Finals of WiT Startup Pitch 2021 with travel-tech and sustainability solutions
- Singapore: Doyobi professional development platform for educators gains $2.8M seed funding with focus on STEM subjects
- Singapore Venture Capital and Private Equity Association unveils 2021 SVCA Award winners
- ICYMI: ‘FinTech in Singapore 1H 2021’, a brief overview from UOB, United Overseas Bank
- China: Coach luxury fashion brand partners GQ China to release 6 NFTs on Ethereum, working with Singapore’s ZKBox
- ICYMI: Draper Startup House Ventures launches global fund with target of creating 1M entrepreneurs by 2030, with first investment in Singapore’s Ferne Health telehealth startup
- Standard Chartered invests $500M in Singapore’s digital lending unicorn Atome Financial as part of 10-year multi-product partnership to roll out BNPL services across Asia
Our other editions provide a variety of ways to keep up to date with the technology ecosystems across Asia and the Indo-Pacific – email, social media, on Medium, by mobile app and more.