Tech in Hong Kong
Our Hong Kong tech news round-up for October 2021 is drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds. This month’s articles cover items across technologies, issues, startups and more including: FoundersHK demo day and the startups that presented; HSBC JumpStarter 2022 pitch competition applications; a possible Hong Kong retail central bank digital currency; and more.
Hong Kong tech news headlines featured below are each linked directly to the online news source that reported it, giving you one-click access to all the HK tech news, articles, downloads and reports you need to understand Hong Kong’s varied tech and startup ecosystems.
You can also get tech news from across Asia and the broad Indo-Pacific with our daily updates – social, mobile, email and more.
- Hong Kong: MangDang launches Kickstarter campaign for those fascinated by Boston Dynamics’ Spot robot, the make-it-yourself small-scale MiniPupper
- Hong Kong: FoundersHK holds its first demo day for FoundersHK Accelerate equity-free accelerator program, showcasing 11 tech startups
- Hong Kong: A brief intro to the 10 startups selected for Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator HK Demo Day, pitching in the program’s first in-person event
- ICYMI: Hong Kong Monetary Authority publishes technical whitepaper on possible retail central bank digital currency, an ‘e-HKD’
- Hong Kong: Bloom lands collaboration with Visa to boost cash-back app featuring city-wide deals, rewards and brands exposure
- Hong Kong’s Opharmic Technology selected as winner of Asia Pacific Medical Technology Ass’n 2021 accelerator programme with ultrasonic non-invasive ocular drug delivery
- China’s Powerbridge Technologies to deploy 2600 high-performance bitcoin and ether mining rigs in Hong Kong
- Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund/HSBC JumpStarter 2022 Global Pitch Competition applications close November 28th, delivering opportunities in Guangdong-HK-Macao Greater Bay Area
Our other editions provide a variety of ways to keep up to date with the technology ecosystems across Asia and the Indo-Pacific – email, social media, on Medium, by mobile app and more.