November 2021 in Indonesia saw tech startup news coverage span fields and subjects including: shrimp farm management for smaller farmers; education-tech startups in partnership with government; smart city development in the Greater Jakarta region; and more.
You can also get updates on Indonesia’s tech news in our email newsletter or Medium posts (10 selected news items from across Asia in each edition) – or you can get a quick, visual snapshot of recent tech news on our Instagram channel.
- Indonesia: Ula e-commerce enablement firm raises $87M in round part-backed by Jeff Bezos, with focus on digitizing small mom-and-pop stores
- Taiwan’s Gogoro joins Indonesia’s Gojek ride-hail giant for pilot program, aiming to add 5K electric scooters and hundreds of battery swap stations
- Indonesia: MoU inked for the country’s first smart city, set to transform BSD City in Greater Jakarta region in partnership with Abu Dhabi-based Group 42
- Indonesia: Ruangguru ed-tech startup partnered by Ministry of Communication and Informatics for Digital Literacy Space program
- Indonesia: KaryaKarsa raises near $500K seed round helping creators get paid directly by supporters, with platform boasting 40K creators and 300K users served to date
- Indonesia: Jala Tech shrimp farm management systems firm raises $6M, providing hardware and data platforms
- Indonesia: PPRO payments infrastructure provider partners Kredivo BNPL firm to integrate split payments, instant credit and more, focusing on the underbanked and unbanked
- Indonesia: Bareksa investment platform gains backing from Grab, gaining access to Grab users with mutual fund investment offers and payments handled by Ovo
- Malaysia’s Sunway Group partners Indonesia’s Kejora Capital VC for $25M Orbit Malaysia fund for Series A investments in fintech, agriculture, e-commerce, education and health
Our other editions go out on a variety of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, e-newsletter and Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.