Hong Kong’s tech news in June
June 2021’s tech news from HK – reports, articles & downloads
The June 2021 Hong Kong tech news round-up gathers items on subjects including robotics in education, the Apple Daily newspaper and blockchain technology, the city’s fintech strategy, implementation and trialling of the mainland’s ‘digital yuan’, and more.
Each HK tech news headline below leads to the article behind it – online and free to read in full.
You also get Hong Kong tech news in our all-day updates
via mobile app and on social media
- RTHK to erase archival content over one year old, meaning programs covering 2019 HK protests would be wiped from RTHK web and social media. Hong Kong’s response? Blockchain.
- Hong Kong: An intro to PopSand Robotics and their education-focused robot aimed at helping children learn English through conversation
- Hong Kong to test connecting China’s e-CNY, the ‘digital yuan’, with its domestic payments network, heralding second stage of digital currency trials in the city
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority launches Fintech 2025 Strategy, featuring focus on CBDCs and cross-border payments
- Hong Kong: Amber Group cryptocurrency trading firm raises $100M Series B, ten times the company’s 2019 Series A, offering algorithmic trading and more
- Hong Kong: Apple Daily pro-democracy tabloid forced to shut down by mainland government – now backed up on a censorship-resistant blockchain
Startup News Asia mobile app – boosting the signal on Asia’s tech news, daily – get the app on Google Play:
ASIA’S startup NEWS today, ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can alternatively get our all-day tech news on social media:
And connect with our founder on LinkedIn to expand your professional networks: