A snapshot collection of Taiwan’s technology news from December 2021, drawn from online coverage of Taiwan’s startup space. Headlines gathered below provide an overview of developments in Taiwan’s tech spaces including app-based moves to make citizen-government contact easier, social commerce startup funding, the launch of a new tech startup-focused facility, and more.
And to get tech news updates from across Asia-Pacific via social media, mobile app, Instagram and more, check Startup News Asia’s channels.
- Taiwan: LinkBy social commerce platform startup raises $1.54M Series Pre-A, with online marketplace and influencer sales platform
- Taiwan: Gov’t Industrial Development Bureau backs AdvMeds with Smart City Taiwan Project to develop AdvMeds Smart Health Station in 3 locations
- Taiwan Digital Drinks Quarterly Mixer evening set for January 19th 2022, bringing together professionals from startups to corporates
- Taiwan: An intro and 101 guide to XY Finance, cross-chain cryptocurrency swap aggregator
- Taiwan: A brief look at 4 component parts of Taipei City’s TaipeiPASS, smartphone app aiming to make the citizen-government interface quicker and smoother
- Taiwan: Hydrogen-powered commercial vehicles and trucks, and accompanying distribution models, set for launch in Taiwan
- Taiwan: Germany’s Merck to invest $610M in project to expand production and R&D, with part of end goal being streamlining of entire semiconductor manufacturing process
- Taiwan Advanced Automotive Technology Development Association launches, aiming to connect Taiwan’s ICT and semiconductor industries with global auto industry
- Taiwan Tech Arena to showcase 100 high-potential Taiwanese startups at CES 2022 event from January 5-8, including 7 award-winning startups
- Taiwan: “In [Q1 2021], nearly half of Taiwan’s exports to China, the island’s largest trading partner, were semiconductors — a 33% increase from the same period last year…”
- Taiwan: Ministry of Science and Tech unveils new facility at Shalun Green Energy Science City, providing a startup test space for health-tech, 5G, cybersecurity and more
Startup News Asia’s other editions go out on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and by mobile app, e-newsletter and in Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.