A snapshot overview of Singapore’s tech news and startup headlines from December 2021, drawn from online media coverage. Headlines linked below cover focus areas in Singapore’s tech news scene including live-streamed online shopping via Instagram, cross-border payment developments, venture capital developments in Singapore, and many more.
And to get tech news updates from across Asia-Pacific via social media, mobile app, Instagram and more, check Startup News Asia’s channels.
- A brief intro to the 7 startups that graduated from F10 Singapore’s Acceleration Batch II after completing the 3-month programme
- An intro to 9 of Asia’s food and sustainability tech-focused startups, working on food waste solutions, smart irrigation, meat alternatives and more
- Upmesh secures $7.5M pre-Series A, launching livestream shopping app for Instagram Live merchants, providing back-end features including logistics automation
- Australia / Singapore: Big Tiny raises Au$4.2M pre-A funding, focusing on design, manufacture and assembly of tiny houses, partnering hosts to operate as small guest accommodations
- Singapore lands the first international outpost of the Global Sports Innovation Center powered by Microsoft, launching in partnership with Sport Singapore
- Forge Ventures launches $21.88M debut fund, looking to invest in 15 SEA companies over 3 years and focusing on Singapore and Indonesia
- Central banks in Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and South Africa to conduct joint cross-border payments trial using different central bank digital currencies
- Singapore’s Trovio digitisation, tokenisation and provenance services firm merges with Australia’s TCM Capital digital asset manager to form crypto entity valued at $200M
- Singapore’s abillion lands $10M with global platform allowing people to find and review plant-based food, menu items and cruelty-free consumer products
- Singapore’s 1982 Ventures raises $12.5M at first close of inaugural seed fund, with sights on backing 30 early-stage fintech startups in SE Asia
- Singapore: Sleek digital corporate services platform gains backing from EDBI, the Economic Development Board’s investment arm
- Singapore’s Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp considering establishing a cryptocurrency exchange in response to customer demand
- ICYMI: Quantumcyte selected as Singapore’s SLINGSHOT Grand Winner, with AI-driven tissue dissection, providing more accurate test results for cancer patients
- Singapore: An intro to Aespada, platform for booking minibuses to ferry migrant workers as a better alternative to lorries
Startup News Asia’s other editions go out on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and by mobile app, e-newsletter and in Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.