A brief snapshot of Malaysia’s tech and startup headlines from December 2021, collecting reports, commentary and articles from online news sources. Headlines listed and linked below touch on areas in the Malaysian tech startup ecosystem including fundraising for Malaysia’s startups using SPAC vehicles, Malaysian app-focused fintech startups, an overview of Southeast Asia’s Games Industry, and more.
And to get tech news updates from across Asia-Pacific via social media, mobile app, Instagram and more, check Startup News Asia’s channels.
- An intro to NeuXP, working with banks in selected markets to allow non-residents – overseas students, expats – to open and manage bank accounts via app
- Thought Machine raises $200M with infrastructure-as-a-service, helping legacy banks step into cloud banking, with sights on Malaysia and Japan market growth
- Poladrone end-to-end drone solutions firm secures $4.29M, planning for Service Centres in agricultural towns in Malaysia and Thailand, and Indonesia entry
- Cikguu education-tech startup raises $12K from 1337 Venture and media group Amanz with social network platform for tutors and learners
- Securities Commission to review SPAC framework to make Malaysian markets more relevant and efficient in light of recent SPAC moves by Singapore and HK
- Ethis, parent firm of Shariah-compliant impact-focused crowdfunding platforms in Indonesia and Malaysia, gains $1.64M pre-Series A funding
Startup News Asia’s other editions go out on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and by mobile app, e-newsletter and in Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.