A brief snapshot of Japan’s technology news headlines from across December of 2021, pulling together downloads, reports, commentary, articles and more from online media sources. Headlines linked below touch on fields in Japan’s tech and startup ecosystems including fintech and BNPL services, food and sustainability-focused tech startups, banking technology and more.
And to get tech news updates from across Asia-Pacific via social media, mobile app, Instagram and more, check Startup News Asia’s channels.
- ICYMI: Thought Machine raises $200M with infrastructure-as-a-service, helping legacy banks step into cloud banking, with sights on Malaysia and Japan market growth
- Japan: A brief intro to PowerX’s Power ARK, a ‘power transfer vessel’ that would be charged at sea from offshore wind, carrying the power back to land for use
- Japan: Scientists achieve key step in development of a quantum computer using photons, eliminating the need for an ultra-cold environment used to cool existing machines
- An intro to 9 of Asia’s food and sustainability tech-focused startups, working on food waste solutions, smart irrigation, meat alternatives and more
- Japan: 5 startup winners unveiled from the IVS 2021 LAUNCHPAD NASU program, working in fintech, buy-now-pay-later, women’s careers and more
- Japan: New digital currency backed by bank deposits set for trials in Japan in effort involving the nation’s top banks and 70 or so other companies and organizations
Startup News Asia’s other editions go out on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and by mobile app, e-newsletter and in Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.