SRI LANKA & THAILAND
These jurisdictions are quite often relatively ‘quiet’ in terms of technology and startup-related news coverage in the English-language online media, and so we’ve consolidated them into one single page, rather than a collection of limited-content standalone pages.
For technology news updates from these and other locations across South and Southeast Asia, and beyond, follow our daily news updates.
- Cambodia’s tech news: December 2021
- Myanmar technology news: December 2021
- Sri Lanka’s startups: December 2021
- Thailand’s tech news: December 2021
- Startup Cambodia National Program to be formally launched December 9th, as a component part of of the Kingdom’s 2021-2035 digital economy and social policy framework
- Cambodia: Gov’t Khmer Enterprise to roll out Investment Readiness program for startups and SMEs aiming for network of investors and bankers to boost businesses
- Myanmar: Meta Platforms Inc, formerly Facebook, to ban all Myanmar-military controlled businesses from its platforms in expansion of earlier curbs on the Tatmadaw
- Myanmar: A look at how the unofficial National Unity Government now accepts Tether cryptocurrency for “domestic use to…speed up the current trade, services and payment systems”
- Sri Lanka: Tracified blockchain firm rolls out solution for 10K farmers who export to the EU, providing transparency on food origin, processing dates and techniques, and more
- Sri Lanka: John Keells X programme opens batch 4 applications, looking to boost startups and scale-ups in the country with 3 tracks – Innovate, Elevate and Accelerate
- Sri Lanka & South Asia 2022 Founder Institute applications are open to June, with a final deadline in July 2022
- Thailand: Boatcrowd raises $250K seed funding from angel investors with luxury yacht charter platform
- Thailand: Digital Economy Promotion Agency unveils AltoTech as the Batch 2 winner of the Smart City Accelerator Program, working in IoT-backed building energy management
Startup News Asia’s other editions go out on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and by mobile app, e-newsletter and in Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.