The Taiwan startup news headlines listed below were collected from online, English-language coverage of Taiwan’s tech startups across the month of September 2020.
News headlines listed provide an easy overview of Taiwan’s startup developments; and each Taiwan-focused startup news headline is hyperlinked to the full news article behind it. This provides our readers with quick-reference info on Taiwan’s startups, the country’s tech news, and venture capital funding, and also lets you very quickly get directly to the startup news articles you’re most interested in.
- Taiwan: Startup Weekend Taipei set for September 11-13, with the COVID-19 theme of The New Normal
- Taiwan: Gov’t official raises possibility of jointly raising funds with Czech Republic to support enterprises of both countries, and particularly those in the startup sector
- Taiwan: Whoscall awarded fourth Presidential Innovation Award with caller ID and number management app, having blocked over 3BN unwelcome calls and texts
- US Taiwan Startup Forum set for September 11 and 25, a virtual event aiming to showcase startups and advance a collaborative startup community
- Taiwan: Mozilla Firefox starts downsizing with lay-off of 250 employees and closure of Taiwan operations
- Taiwan: A snapshot overview of the country’s tech, startup and funding news from the past month or so
- ICYMI: Google announces 2020 Intelligent Taiwan project, purchasing six plots of land to build the third of its Taiwan-based data centers
- Taiwan: An intro to MAKAR from Mifly startup, allowing users to easily create and edit AR and VR content without the need to code
- A video look at the recent Startup Terrace & Osaka Innovation Hub Online Pitch event, and the 6 tech startups that participated
- SEMICON Taiwan 2020 conference set for September 23-25 in Taipei, focusing on all things related to semiconductor technology
- Taiwan: Dragons’ Chamber 2020 pitch event for foreign entrepreneurs set for November 21st as part of Meet Taipei startup festival
- Taiwan: Fair Friend Group machine tool maker and Tunghai University Industrial Smart-Transformation Center launch ‘smart supply chains’ initiative
- Taiwan: HealthForAll cross-border collaboration platform launches to connect international healthcare ecosystems with Taiwan’s industries, boosting corporate-startup links
- Taiwan Pitch Night online event set for October 22nd, showcasing 10 of Taiwan’s tech startups to Silicon Valley
Startup news daily
Our monthly news collections are drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily startup news updates – delivered on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via mobile app – which collect technology news across 17 locations in Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
For a bullet-point overview of our channels:
Startup News Asia quick links