The Sri Lankan startup news headlines listed below were collected from online English-language coverage of Sri Lanka’s tech startups across September 2020.
News headlines listed here provide a quick overview of Sri Lanka’s startup developments; and each Sri Lanka startup news headline is hyperlinked to the full news article behind it. This provides you with quick-reference information on Sri Lanka’s startups, tech news, and venture capital funding, and also lets you very quickly get directly to the startup news articles you’re most interested in.
- Sri Lanka: Sixer Video platform selected by AIA Insurance to enable online interviews for agent recruitment
- Sri Lanka: Derana Startup 2021 reality show launches, bringing young entrepreneurs to TV screens with support from the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs
- Sri Lanka: A brief look at Shop Cuban, 2-year-old clothing brand grown using social media from an initial line of 2 t-shirt designs
- Sri Lanka: A deep-dive introduction to HatchX, the country’s first fintech accelerator, now running virtually
- Sri Lanka to introduce PayPal online payment solutions in near future, once concerns around potential money laundering and criminal activities are addressed
- Sri Lanka: LANKAQR launches as a national QR code standard for local currency payments, aiming for 50K merchants accessing digital financial transactions by year-end
- Download: Sri Lanka E-commerce Readiness Assessment Report (pdf)
- Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau announces plan to livestream from national parks
- Sri Lanka: An intro to the 7 fintech startups that presented at the recent HatchX Demo Day
Startup news daily
Our monthly news collections are drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily startup news updates – delivered on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via mobile app – which collect technology news across 17 locations in Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
For a bullet-point overview of our channels:
Startup News Asia quick links