The South Korean startup news headlines listed here were collected from online coverage of Korea’s startups across September 2020.
News headlines listed below give a quick overview of South Korea’s startup developments; each Korean startup news headline below is hyperlinked to the full news article behind it. This gives you quick reference information on South Korean startups, technology developments, and VC funding, and also lets you more quickly get to the articles you find most interesting.
- South Korea: Maeil Business Newspaper selects 3 professionals from Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar as winners for 5th edition of ASEAN Entrepreneur Award
- South Korea: Toss Lab raises $13M Series B with JANDI collaboration platform, Slack competitor, claiming 80% increase in users in Asia during COVID-19 pandemic
- South Korea: Naver Corp, country’s largest internet portal, invests in 2 Europe-focused startup funds in move to better compete with, and resist, rivals from US and China
- ICYMI: An intro to the inaugural class of the Techstars Korea Accelerator, 10 startups from Korea, Australia, Canada, Singapore, the US and the UK
- South Korea: A look at M2S, studio applying VR and AR to eye care
- South Korea: TIPS X beSUCCESS Korean Startup Showcase opens applications for potential investors in graduating startups
- South Korea: Hanwha Systems defense contractor to join state project aiming at global technology competitiveness in quantum cryptography communication
- Korea Startup Index 2019 survey results and report released and available to download, looking at local and global startup, investment and COVID-19 influenced trends
- South Korea: 120 startups selected from global applicants to Korean government-run COMEUP 2020 program for tech startups
- South Korea: WireBarley fintech secures $10M with cross-border remittances and building on partnership with Ripple blockchain-based payments network
- South Korea: An intro to the 11 startups that presented at the recent TIPS X beSUCCESS Korean Startup Showcase, each working in health and medical fields
- A brief intro to 6 South Korean startups taking part in ConnecTechAsia online tech show and conference
- A brief intro to India’s Growfitter, incentivised wellness platform recently selected for South Korea’s K-Startup Challenge program